Sai Prasad Kesavamatham
Experience: 10+ years experience in Systems & Network Engineering, Architecture and Security. Experience working in strategic and tactical roles, spanning multiple environments, technologies, and organizational boundaries. Very comfortable on both Unix and Windows platforms.
· B.S (Electronics & Communications)
Operating Systems and Enterprise Applications:
· Solaris 2.6/2.8, Linux (RH 7.2, 7.3, 8 & 9), Windows 2003/2000/NT, Terminal Server, Citrix Meta frame, Netware 4.x/5.x, Exchange 5.5/2000, LDAP Active Directory, NDS, eDirectory and iPlanet.
· Sun fire B1600 blade servers. SUN Sparc, Netra and Enterprise Servers. Compaq and Dell rack mounted Servers, RAID 5 arrays and other Pentium Servers, PCs. Motorola 68030 super minis.
Gap Inc., San Bruno, CA USA (Security Consultant) July 03 Present
Working on development and implementation of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and COBIT framework compliance security control standards for enterprise IT Security. Working with operating system, application and outsourced vendor groups.
· Evaluating current security controls. Assessing risks and developing security standards and policies across platforms and procedures to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley standards. Developing and implementing remediation plan for security incidents under risk management.
State Street Global Advisors, Boston, MA USA (Sr Consultant) March 03 June 04
Worked on multiple projects involving Security, Enterprise DNS/DHCP, Sun B1600 Blade Servers & B10n load balancers, Disaster Recovery, developing Service Level Agreements (SLA) & SOPs. Worked on technology evaluation projects like Unix patch management, iSCSI technology, NIS to LDAP migration.
· Involved in creating and reviewing security policies, certification procedures and other security standards for unix systems. Actively involved during the IT auditing phase.
· Evaluated SUN Fire B1600 blade server platform with B100s server blades, B10n load balancer blades and Equallogic peer storage iSCSI storage devices to enable SSgA in stopping the proliferation of stand-alone Netra servers for tier1 application base.
· Implemented Sun Management Center v3.5 and open source IOMeter for performance monitoring and alerting.
· Worked with vendors to develop a Total Cost of Analysis (TCO) model.
· Prepared a detailed presentation for upper management with technical and TCO details.
· Implemented DNS/DHCP and disaster recovery migration project on Nortel NetID and Oracle database. Used Solaris 2.8. Tested design to integrate dns, dhcp and active directory services.
· Developed SOPs and troubleshooting documentation.
· Currently working with the Windows group in developing active directory services design and implementation plan.
· Evaluated current unix patch management procedures and software from multiple vendors for Solaris, AIX and HP platforms to replace the current production procedures.
· Developed Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements for the Unix group.
Lucent Technologies, NJ, USA (Sr Security Consultant) April 02 Jan 03
Worked as a windows NT/2000/IIS server security consultant at Lucent Technologies. Developed and implemented security and disaster recovery procedures for Windows 2000, active directory, IIS and Terminal Servers.
For Presi Corp internal IT, designed a Linux based small office solution for network and IT infrastructure involving Courier email system supporting imap, pop, ssl and web front-ends with backend windows 2000 based anti-virus SMTP gateway. Implemented iptables firewall, Snort and Tripwire Intrusion Detection Systems.
Arsin Corporation, CA, USA (Sr Systems & Security Consultant) Jan 02 - March 2002
Worked as a team lead. Designed, developed, tested and implemented Windows2000 and active directory migration. Lead a team in maintaining a data center running Sun Solaris, Windows 2000, Linux servers and exchange email servers.
Providian Financial Corporation, CA, USA (Sr Architect) Oct 00 - Dec 01
Designed, developed, tested and implemented a high availability Enterprise Dynamic DNS/DHCP infrastructure compatible with the legacy DNS/DHCP systems and new Microsoft Active Directory Services using Nortel Networks NetID and Oracle. Integrated legacy DNS, DHCP, NTP systems across US, Europe and Argentina. Lead a team of engineers to design, QA and implement Oracle master-master replication to support the NetID application schema and custom fields. Developed troubleshooting and system maintenance procedures, presentations, training material.
Arsin Corporation ITS, CA, USA (Team Lead) Mar 00 - September 00
The work environment consisted of Windows NT 4.0, Sun Solaris, Linux servers and Cisco routers. Involved in Virtual Private Network (VPN) design and implementation. Evaluated, tested, designed and implemented Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5. Evaluated, tested and implemented BIG/IP load balancers from F5 networks for e-commerce web servers.
Bank of America, CA, USA (Consultant) Sep 98 - Feb 2000
The work environment consisted of Solaris 2.x Windows NT 4.0/Windows2000 servers. Worked as a Consultant in a group environment in the DNS/DHCP (QIP) design team towards the development and integration of a corporate DNS domain structure for the Nations Bank and Bank Of America merger. Developed Perl scripts for Cisco router configuration and monitoring.
National Semiconductor, ME, USA (Systems Administration) Feb 97 - August 98
The work environment consisted of Windows NT 4.0, Citrix WinFrame, Novell Netware 4.1, NDS and Lotus Notes. I was involved in the Planning, Design, Implementation and Administration of Windows NT 4.0, WinFrame, Novell Netware 4.1, NDS and Lotus Notes servers.
India (Sr Systems Administrator) March 93 May 96
Worked as a senior systems administrator maintaining Windows, Netware, SCO unix, HP-UX operating systems and networks for a large client base including HCL-HP, BHEL, REC Warangal, ACS technologies. Conducted national training programs on Windows, Netware and TCP/IP.